How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex husband was very violent to me. He has PR of our 2 daughters

This answer was rated:

My ex husband was very violent to me. He has PR of our 2 daughters
he sees 1 but wants nothing to do with the other. I recently moved house I told him the town so contact can continue but now he is pressuring for exact address. He says as he has PR he is legally entitled to know, is this TRUE?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what contact does he actually have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Clare the childrens ages are 16 and 14. He has contact with the 16 yr old but only when he can be bothered. He goes up to 6months I between visits he also has phone contact with her but again only when he can be bothered or when he is having a go at her or when he wants to make horrible comments about me. He has NO contact with my younger daughter as she told him to stop commenting about me so he told her he wants nothing to do wit her. He knows which school/college they attend and is invited to parent events and gets reports.
Then that is sufficient in the circumstances.
There is no application that he can make in respect of the older child - and it is unlikely that any application to the court to force you to give your address will be successful given the lack of contact and the history of violence.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you