How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12180
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hi, I was convicted of a crime in Scotland when I was 18 years

This answer was rated:

Hi, I was convicted of a crime in Scotland when I was 18 years old. Would I have been classed as a Young offender. I was sentenced to a Young Offenders Institute for 3 months. I am trying to decide if i need to apply for Canadian Rehabilitation to travel there and possibly emigrate there.
This is the statement from there Web site
"You are not inadmissible if you:
were treated as a young offender in a country which has special provisions for young offenders"
Thank you for your question.
What age are you now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am 36 years old

Sorry can I have the web link you refer to. I don't think this a problem for you but want to double check.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No probs

Many thanks. You are OK for the reason you state and in any event the time period is such that you are clear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That I was convicted as a young offender?

JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you