How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71159
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

our son has been released from prison after serving 2 years

This answer was rated:

our son has been released from prison after serving 2 years 3 months of a 4 and a half year sentense for death by dangerous driving,he is now on license but probation will not let him home because of death threats made from the father of the deceased even though we have had installed a panick alarm and cctv fitted.We are told by the police that they have no problem with him returning and also by his probation officer but they are still not letting him homeyet as these last threats were made a couple of days ago to the fathers liaison officer,can you tell us how we stand legally with this problem,thanks
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Are you asking if you can force them to change their view?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just asking if anything can be done legally or otherwise

You can always ask probation to consider and appeal their decision to a more senior probation officer.
There is also a Probation Ombudsman who would consider the reasonableness of the decision made by the probation officer.
Ultimately you can judicially review their decision although that is expensive.
There is no other formal appeal though I'm afraid.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you