How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My Landlord is no longer going through Morris Dibben Estate

This answer was rated:

My Landlord is no longer going through Morris Dibben Estate Agents and is not asking for a deposit for our new 1yr agreement. They say they will not return my deposit until the property is vacated not the end of the agreement under the Tenancy deposit protection scheme. Is there anyway I can get my deposit back.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Will your deposit remain protected throughout the period please?

It will be protected apparently for the remaining term

Alex Watts : Ok, so it will still be protected for the duration of how long you are there, is that correct?
Alex Watts : if so you can't ask for it back. It can be transferred
Alex Watts : But you can ask to see the new deposit certificate
Alex Watts : It is quite normal not to have a deposit returned but simply transferred.
Alex Watts : This is because the landlord is the same, so you will need a deposit.
Alex Watts : It is just who is handling it is different. But it still must be protected
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you