How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35069
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My partner is in prison and his mother has been taken into

This answer was rated:

My partner is in prison and his mother has been taken into local authority care. There may be some question regarding the ownership of the house with regards ***** ***** costs. My partner wants me to be able to deal with all financial and property matters in his absence - would this be an appropriate situation to become his attorney under the power of attorney law or is there another process we could follow to enable me to work/submit data/gain information on his behalf. Please advise.  I have been waiting a while now, how long will it take for a response?

Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You are correct - you need to get your Partner to give you Power of Attorney to deal with this issue.
A precedent can be found here
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you