How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Hello.I hope you can assist me.I need my passport to be counter-signed

This answer was rated:

Hello.I hope you can assist me.I need my passport to be counter-signed by a professional person such as a solicitor.Do you think you can assist me in this matter?.
Many thanks,Maurice O'Connell.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

The form and 1 photo must be signed by someone who has known you for more than 2 years and is not a relative. They do not have to be relative but must have an occupation on the list set out below.

LondonlawyerJ :

  • accountant

  • airline pilot

  • articled clerk of a limited company

  • assurance agent of recognised company

  • bank/building society official

  • barrister

  • chairman/director of limited company

  • chiropodist

  • commissioner of oaths

  • councillor - eg local or county

  • civil servant (permanent), but not someone who works for Her Majesty’s Passport Office

  • dentist

  • director/manager of a VAT-registered charity

  • director/manager/personnel officer of a VAT-registered company

  • engineer - with professional qualifications

  • financial services intermediary - eg a stockbroker or insurance broker

  • fire service official

  • funeral director

  • insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company

  • journalist

  • Justice of the Peace

  • legal secretary - fellow or associate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs

  • licensee of public house

  • local government officer

  • manager/personnel officer of a limited company

  • member, associate or fellow of a professional body

  • Member of Parliament

  • Merchant Navy officer

  • minister of a recognised religion - including Christian Science

  • nurse - RGN or RMN

  • officer of the armed services

  • optician

  • paralegal - certified paralegal, qualified paralegal or associate member of the Institute of Paralegals

  • person with honours - eg an OBE or MBE

  • pharmacist

  • photographer - professional

  • police officer

  • Post Office official

  • president/secretary of a recognised organisation

  • Salvation Army officer

  • social worker

  • solicitor

  • surveyor

  • teacher, lecturer

  • trade union officer

  • travel agent - qualified

  • valuer or auctioneer - fellows and associate members of the incorporated society

  • Warrant Officers and Chief Petty Officers

LondonlawyerJ :

More information can be found at


Thank you for your reply,very prompt.I am an Irish passport holder,this passport requires such a professional to confirm the identity of the applicant,and doesn't need to be known to me for 2 years or more.I could be introduced to such a person with all my documents including current passport to verify my identity.I am a cabin crew member for a large Airline travelling worldwide.I am a UK resident for the past 25 years and finding this process very difficult to overcome.If I explained this to a solicitors office,do you think they could assist me,or are the Legal profession prevented from doing so by legal requirements?.Thank you.

LondonlawyerJ :

I think a solicitor would be more than happy to witness your signature and check the documents etc but they will want a fee for it (I would think in London about £150 +VAT).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I rated your service as poor instead of good,that was my mistake,so please not I was satisfied with your replies.

Thank you for letting me know!
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you