How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If I purchased a debt from limited company A owed by limited

This answer was rated:

If I purchased a debt from limited company A owed by limited company B (no dispute) and my limited company C stores goods belonging to company B under the standard road haulage association terms, would I legally be able to withhold goods until company B pays company C for the debt purchased from company A?

In my opinion, yes, company C may exercise its lien rights over company B's goods pending settlement of the debt assigned to company C by company A pursuant to the provisions of clause 14(2) of the terms and conditions of the Road Haulage Association's standard terms.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you