How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My work has just been sent a centralised attatchment of earnings

Customer Question

My work has just been sent a centralised attatchment of earnings payments system (caps) .......with an arrears order ...priority maintenance...Chelmsford county court are asling my work to take 2000 from my salary and pay them up to the amount of 10500 they say I am in rrears..they say that this doesn't affect the current attatchment of earnings order that my employer is already administering....but my work is not administering any current order !!!!!!! THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY CONTACT FROM CHELMSFORD COUNTH COURT WITH MY EMPLOYER......I live on less than 2000 a month as it is....can they enforce this...they have never asked for a salary review and this letter has just come ouyt of the blue....I have been in arreras duew to a salary decrease but can they just send this thru and enfiorce it ???
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much are the actual arrears and when do they date back to?
How much is your monthly income?