How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I was born in UK in 1955. Emigrated to Australia in 1992. Became

This answer was rated:

I was born in UK in 1955. Emigrated to Australia in 1992. Became naturalised Australian in 1994. I have red British passport which expired 6/7/99. Also remarried here. Want to reapply for new British passport. How do I do this and what paperwork is needed? Have looked at the Web site but didn't find the answer. If I got Australian passport to go there next year can I apply for British passport once I am in UK again?
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Provided that you have never relinquished your nationality it should be no problem for you to apply for a new british passport. You can either apply from Australia , by using the following link:
There is also the guidance of how to fill in the application form and also a document stating the list of documents you need to sent with your passport application.
You can also apply for a new passport whilst you arrived to the UK by simply going to the post office in the UK and filling out a form.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Kind regards