How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Where and how do I find the application for an ILR? I hold

This answer was rated:

Where and how do I find the application for an ILR? I hold a 'Settlement Spouse/CP(KOL REQ) Surname visa that runs out on 23/10/14. I have passed the Life in the UK and the Cambridge of Proficiency in English exam.
When did you receive your visa and when did you first enter the UK? Please give details about your spouse.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Settlement Spouse/CP (KOL REQ) visa is valid from 23/07/12 to 23/10/14. My husband is British.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I entered the UK on 28/07/2012.

Thank you.
You have been issued the 27 months entry clearance as a spouse of a British Citizen under the rules in force before 9 July 2012.
You may apply for ILR using form SET(M), see here for this form and guidance notes
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Once I send my application, what happens between processing it by the government and my legal status here in the UK? Do I need to leave the country?

No, you do not need to leave the UK. Your spouse visa is extended automatically by law until your application is determined.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you