How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71040
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

some one who i know is trying to intimidate me online. They

This answer was rated:

some one who i know is trying to intimidate me online. They have created a false facebook profile with pictures of me on it and have sent pictures and a threat to me via a friend on line. The person issuing the threats is the husband of a woman i had an affair with a couple of years ago. The affair is over and i confessed to my wife but the husband is threatening to circulate sensitive pictures of me. what can i do ?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What is the nature of the pictures?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they were pictures of me naked though only showingthe top half of my body which i sent to the woman, he has them now and has posted them on a fake facebook account.

Do you know it is him?
Or might it be her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its him for sure, he has also sent images to a friend of mine threatening in to circulate pictures to my online friends. My wife knows about the affair and we have tried to move on. I'm just getting tired of it and want to leave it in the past. I dont want to tell my wife about it at the moment as our youngest son has just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes so she has enough on her plate without worrying about this. He lives in Scotland and me in England. I just want him to stop all this bs

Yes, he should be having this dispute with his wife anyway.
The fact he is abroad is an issue though. Scotland is not within the jurisdiction of England and Wales. Posting of this nature is a harassment. The fact that he has acted in Scotland is not an issue because clearly a part of his act is in England. The plain fact is though that the English police are not going to go and pick him up in Scotland to stand trial here.
It is worth reporting it. They would probably call him and give him a harassment warning which might be sufficient to make him stop.
If it is not then that is an issue. You can complain to the police to see what can be achieved.
Failing that, you could always sue cross border but that isnt' all that cheap.
You do also have a claim against Facebook if they do not remove these posts upon your complaint.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you