How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, My name is***** husband is from Algeria and I cannot

This answer was rated:

My name is***** husband is from Algeria and I cannot register his name to voters register as he is not eligible to vote in UK. This is causing problems when he is trying to build up his credit record as he would like to open his own business in UK. What can we do to get his name registered in to the system.

He can only be registered to vote once he becomes a British Citizen. If he has indefinite leave to remain in the UK and has been living here for at least 3 years, he may apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hoped there would have been something else we could do. I assumed that there was a way to get him registered in to the system as most of the EEC countries has system where by all who are living and working in the country has to be registered in the official county records.

Thank You for your help.

I am afraid not as far as getting on the electoral roll is concerned.

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you