How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a private landlord, I wish to give the tenant notice,

Customer Question

I am a private landlord, I wish to give the tenant notice, she has been a AST tenant since 1997. A section 20 notice was served at that time. The deposit paid had to be used for the rent because the Council did not pay her rent for months and a shortfall arose. A new AST was issued annually or bi-annually.
The deposit scheme changed in 2007. No AST was issued in 2007, The first record of issuing a AST with the new deposit in place until 2011, when the press advised the issues regarding non compliance with deposit requirements.
please advise. regards Kevin.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello Kevin my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know when the last AST was issued and signed by the tenant please?