How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10956
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am applying for a Blue Badge for my 82-year-old husband. A

This answer was rated:

I am applying for a Blue Badge for my 82-year-old husband.
A "certified copy" of his birth certificate is required.
How and where can I get this done?
We live in Scotland - in Strathaven, ML10 6LF, south of Glasgow.
Your assistance much appreciated.
Ann-***** *****
Buachaill :

1. Go to, the website of the General Register. Here it is possible to order an original of a Birth Certificate online for delivery to your home. Then you need to get a solicitor or other legal person to certify that a photocopy you make of it is a certified copy. Here is a link to the GRO website where the process of certifying is explained You can follow the process outlined in there. If you already have a true original of a Birth Certificate, then you only need to copy it and to undergo the certifying process.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you