How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My wife has now died and I am trying to obtain ProbateI have

Customer Question

My wife has now died and I am trying to obtain Probate
I have employed a firm to gather all ihe details required and they are sending the forms to the Probate today.
I estimate the estate after I tax at£400,000.00
I have sold the house which is her sole name for £409,000.00 and buying assisted living flat for £340,000.00
I want to know if I am able to use my half of the balance to add to The
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
I am not sure what it is that you wish to know - could you explain a little more please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if I can add my Half of £75,00.00 to my £250,000.00

to pu4rchase the flat costing £340,000.00

Thank You

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Did your wife leave a Will?