How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am currently going through divorce. My husband was having

This answer was rated:

I am currently going through divorce. My husband was having an affair and left nearly three years ago. Our two boys live with me in the family home. He refuses settlement til the boys have left full time education (2018). He has just moved his horses (newly aquired) to the house, left his vehicles on my front drive and is outside now trying to place a commercial storage container into my front garden. What c an I do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What is the value of the other assets (including the horses)
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry my question is not so much about settlement because I am already taking that to court. My question is what can I do to stop him from leaving his cars and storage container in my from garden. Unitl I have managed to get things through court, he is still half owner of the house, but does he have the right to move stuff back and use the property as a storage facility, using up my parking space and sticking a dirty great storage container infront of the living room window until, as hew sees it, 2018 bearing in mind he has been left for nearly three years?

I need the answers to assess how likely it is that the settlement will be delayed until 2018
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well in that case I am afraid you can't help me. I was contacting your service for advice on the matter because he was outside dropping the container in the front garden at the time. It is Saturday and my solicitor's office is not open.

I have of idea of the value of his assets but I do know he has had it all put in his mother's name, but he has already taken most of our things - no discussion. He will not negotiate and I my solicitor is now taking it to court. I just needed to know right now what i can do to stop him from putting a dirty great storage container in my front garden right in front of my front door and windows, blocking me from being able to park my car in my garden off of the road where I live. I am sorry you can't help me, I will have to wait til Monday and hope I can get the container moved.

As a joint owner he can park the container there HOWEVER given the situation and the fact that he is not willing to negotiate the obvious answer is to make an immediate application to the court for the financial issues to be dealt with and within that seek an urgent hearing seeking an Order that the Container is removed.
Indeed it could be argued that his actions amount to harassment and you are entitled to apply for a Non Molestation Order
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you