How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a Chairman of a grassroots Rugby Club which was flooded

This answer was rated:

I am a Chairman of a grassroots Rugby Club which was flooded last year
we had a claim settled by RSA and the club is now open and working again serving the community for Junior and senior Rugby
we have now come to renew our Insurance and the RSA declined to give us any insurance at all AXA will insure us but they will not include Flood Cover
we have since found out by one of our members who has bought a building down the road that AXA have agreed to give him Flood cover
our broker and another broker have tried on our behalf to agree with AXA to give us flood cover but they refuse The building is 25 ft away from the water we are 500 ft away and up a incline can we do something about this ?

I am afraid you cannot force an insurer to offer you cover and you would be advised to look for alternative insurers in the market who are able to offer you the particular type of cover which you want.

Sorry but I can only advise you in accordance with the law.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you