How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been falsely accused of name calling my son and visited

This answer was rated:

I have been falsely accused of name calling my son and visited by police officers. It has been confirmed that the person making such allegations is downstairs neighbour . Since our recent move to this address he had been continuously subjected us to bullying and verbal abuse. I am not sure how I can make him stop and best ways to do so.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know if you have complained to the freeholder or landlord ?

No, I have not. I did not think it necessary as the neighbour is himself renting his property and I am not sure how they would be able to help. I believe on of the freeholders are fully aware as I have informed of noise complaints and \I was told that they hope the neighbour was not too horrible implying that that was what it would be expected.

Alex Watts : Does your lease have a clause saying not to cause annoyance to others or words to that effect?

My neighbour has a repeated pattern of behaviour, since his tenancy he has consistently complained about all tenants living at current property that I am renting. I have been targeted as the next one on the list. Is there anything I can do to stop him?


And yes, all mentioned has been confirmed by the landlord and implied by other freeholders. Is there anything I can do to stop him?

Alex Watts : The freeholder should take action. But if they won't sadly you can't force them
Alex Watts : you need to get a solicitor to write and ask the person to stop or say you will go to court.
Alex Watts : if they still refuse then you can issue proceedings for an injunction. You are seeking an injunction under harasment f
Alex Watts : You would need to complete forms N1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : And N16a
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : the court will send a copy of the claim to the other side and invite you both for a hearing.
Alex Watts : If the injunction is contested a judge will timetable the matter for trial and decide whether to grant an interim injunction.
Alex Watts : at the contested hearing a judge will decide whether to grant a final Injunction
Alex Watts : If the judge grants an interim or final Injunction and it is breached this is contempt of court and the neighbour can be warned, fined or sent to prison
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Yes, it would be great and thank you for your help so far. It is possible that my neighbour also made such false allegations to children services, is there anything I could do to ensure that he is never going to be able to repeat this with someone else? contacting a solicitor is first step and then injunction and submitting the two forms. Is that correct?

Alex Watts : Sadly you cant do anything to stop him doing this to others.
Alex Watts : Some people are generally vile and you can't do anything about that.
Alex Watts : But yes contact a solicitor to get them to write first and if that does not work, it's the two forms.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

Yes, it does help and thank you very much for your advice. I am going to contact a solicitor tomorrow morning and take each step as it comes. thank you..

Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you