How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have a old 24ft single deck bus in my drive which I am converting

This answer was rated:

I have a old 24ft single deck bus in my drive which I am converting in to a camper, poole council has had complaints about it being in my drive. they are now threatening to serve me with section 215 notice what can I do. im struggleing to pay bills let alone taking on the council.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this. A section 215 notice may be served not because you are doing work on your dive but because the land is said to be untidy or unkempt to the extent that it is effecting the pleasantness of the area in which you live. Owners of untidy land or unkempt buildings can be served with a Section 215 Notice that requires the proper maintenance of land or buildings that cause injury to amenity. 24 feet that would be the size of a large minibus rather than the bottom half of a standard double decker. If your work is done tidily I don't see why this would merit a section 215 notice.
If you are issued with an Enforcement Notice you will be given the details of the breach, the reason for the action, the steps required to overcome the problem, and the time period for compliance.
The Council may prosecute offenders who do not comply with an Enforcement Notice.
Those involved will be advised that the period for compliance has lapsed and they will be invited to state their intentions. If no agreement can be reached, they will be advised that non-compliance constitutes an offence for which, if proven guilty, a fine of up to £20,000 can be imposed.
Do you know when or if the notice will be served and how much longer will you be working on the bus?
You can further delay matters by appealing any enforcement notice to the Planning Inspectorate.
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience: Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you