How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

i married purtgese girl june 2009.i m non eea .in march 2013

This answer was rated:

i married purtgese girl june 2009.i m non eea .in march 2013 we have fight and i applay divorce against her. in divorce time i was dont no where she was .bt once time she meet me and i gave her divorce papper and she signd and she post to court.
i have all evidance she was with me june 2009 to march 2013.all pay slips p60
banks statement tenecy agreements.
now i m going to applay pr bcz after 5 years of my marrige.i still need my ex spouse pay slips during divorce time.
if she left the country during divorce wats is my rights
i work full time from my visa get date to until now
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Have you now divorced?
When did she leave the UK?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes divorce done i think after she left uk after digre nisai
and she was nt wrk at all after sepration
Thank you for your reply.
Ideally, she should have been working until the date of divorce, but if the divorce is now final, then you have no choice but to submit all the documents showing her working until the separation and then write in the form the date she left and that she was not working during the Divorce process.
The fact is that you have no option but to apply for Permanent residency and send all the documents to the home office, if you leave it too late then you may not be able to stay in the UK at all and would need to return to your home country. Therefore I would recommend that now you have a decree absolute, you should submit your application for permanent residency as soon as possible.
I hope this answers your question. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
after 4 years of my marrige i still have no right to stay in this country.if i applay they refuse i have any chance to win in the court
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i m watting ur answer
Thank you for your reply, sorry i didnt know that you had replied.
What I would recommend you do is apply for permanent residency and then if this is refused appeal and state that you spend more than 3 years with your partner in the UK. Provided you spend at least 3 years together in the UK and she was exercising treaty rights in the UK. The home office should issue you with another EEA residency permit, which will not be attached to your wife and be in your name .
You would then need to wait for another 2 years and once you have been in the UK for complete 5 years you can apply for permanent residency.
I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards