How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi can you advise with CSA Payment. My Husband pays is CSA

Customer Question

Hi can you advise with CSA Payment. My Husband pays is CSA regularly, last year they chased for £1500 in arrears which we paid. My husband works in sales which is commission based. They took his annual salary into account and then we set up the agreed payment to be paid to the CSA by standing order. Without any notice in August we paid our standing order they then took a deductions of earnings as well without notice. They have since by phone yesterday notified us that a further £1300 is due which they plan to take over the next 6 payments. We have 2 children still at home and he has nothing to do with his other child that he has not seen for 10 years. We do not begrudge his daughter any money owed but do feel like the csa is constantly persecuting us. With no regard for our children. My husband has always paid his maintenance and we have been more than fair with his earning. When we have made additional payments and asked for written confirmation the CSA has not provided it. Are we able to do anything about the way we have been treated or are we just wasting out time and should pay up. Kind Regards Mrs ***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How are the arrears meant to have arisen?