How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71129
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been issued an "intention to prosecute" for speeding

This answer was rated:

I have been issued an "intention to prosecute" for speeding and have been asked to identify the driver. I am a UK citizen and I happen to have in addition to my UK license a US license also. What would happen if I use my US license to "name the driver"? could I get a fine but no points?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
If you were the driver then you would need to present your UK licence Im afraid.
If you do not then the DVLA will identify it and revoke. Obviously they can only revoke your UK licence but it would impact upon your rights to drive using your US licence in the UK.
You cannot use a licence to respond to a S172 request. You respond as an individual and then your entitlements to drive are considered.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you