How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32326
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Daughter and partner split after almost three about 3months

Customer Question

Daughter and partner split after almost three about 3months ago. 3months previous she was paying him £100PM to eventually own half car as she had sold her old one and paid their bils with the money. The £100 was given and he paid it towrds his buisnnes van loan. idea, to eventually sell the main car and buy two smaller cars. broke up few months ago, he let her carry on using car for work until they could both get settled. he had said intially that he had made her the owner of the car but now we seen paper that says she is only registered keeper. No money has changed hands since split as he owes her money from their previously shared renatl home of £650 and had said he wanted their sofa and table/chairs set and would give her money for them. Nothing has been paid. he has said he wants car back to sell but wont give her half and doesnt have money for the goods either. She has already bought new goods so cannot store older ones and beside he has had people she doesnt know staying on them. He has now said he has spare key to car so if she leaves it any where he will take it and sell it, even if he has to go her place of work (she does two nights in a home, 8 miles away) and take while she is working. she is happy to let him sell if he will give her money he owes plus half repairs she has done in last few months so she ca buy another car, as she cannot get to where she works without a car. im worried to death as my granson(not his child) has speech therapy booked at the clinic which is miles out. all this may seem petty, but ive lent her money to start again, on the promise from him to replace this money in fairness. he wanted her out of there apartment and didnt want to give up flat rental to her, so now she moved to cheaper place, had to buy everything again so that he would not be left with no sofa, tables and chairs, bedding, kitchen goods etc. have we a case to hold car until debt is paid or put a claim on it for money owed? sorry to go on but im at my wits end! Kids!!!! thank you beverly

XXXXX p.s my account has been debitted before ive had an answer? havent had email except one ftom PNLD? WHICH JUST SAID SEEK ADVISE FROM A SOLICITOR? Have i paid £36 to be told this? please adivise via my personal email of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the car currently worth and how much is your daughter owed?