How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am in dispute with my local authority and have asked the

This answer was rated:

I am in dispute with my local authority and have asked the leader of the local council to answer questions relating to the issue. He has spent the last 6 months using political rhetoric to avoid answering the questions and now, 6 months later, when I refused to give up, he has sent me an email saying he refuses to answer my questions.
What are my options now? If I can't ask our democratically elected representatives to intervene on my behalf or at least answer a question, what can I do? I can't afford expensive solicitors?
Thank you
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you complained to the Ombudsman yet please?


Not yet, as you have to put in an official complaint to the council first and as they are all covering up for one another I can't see how complaining to the people that caused the problems will help?

Alex Watts :

What you should do is write to the Chief Officer of the Council and put the complaint in writing formallly.

Alex Watts :

They will respond back to you.

Alex Watts :

If you are not happy with that response then you can complain to the Ombudsman. But you need a formal response from the Council first.

Alex Watts :

The Ombudsman is at - they offer a free, independent service and can examine the complaint for free.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you