How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7049
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I am a gaurantor for my son he missed some payments so the

Customer Question

I am a gaurantor for my son he missed some payments so the small claims court sent us some forms to fill in I posted them at the same time . They were even put in the same postbox today my son received a letter saying he only has to pay 75pounds a month where I received a letter saying I didn't reply back so they want full payment what can I do as they seem to of conveniently lost my forms
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 years ago.
Write back to the court explaining the circumstances and that both you and your son replied on the same day together. Also explain that the court has accepted your sons proposal and enclose a copy of the order made.
This is a classic example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and, as a consequence, the court has made 2 orders which are completely inconsistent with one another.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply
Best wishes