How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

can you enter into mediation with a dissolved company which

This answer was rated:

can you enter into mediation with a dissolved company which has been struck off the register of companies 8 years ago?
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Alex J. :

There is no point in entering into mediation with a dissolved company. A dissolved company is no longer a legal entity and therefore cannot enter into a contract which would be required to finalise any agreement if a mediation is succesful.

Alex J. :

Can I assist any further? Kind regards AJ

Customer :

Yes. Why then have these 2 Solicitors who know this asked me to do this?

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you. Is mediation definitely with the limited company? it is possible to have the company restored and then enter into a settlement - also is their a liquidator acting for the company? Kind regards AJ

Customer : 1) after 8 years company can't be restored by me
Customer : I've tried
Customer : and
Customer : 2) dissolved for no submission of Annual Returns and 9 years of the
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1) Its over 6 years so I cannot restore the Company

2) There is NO liquidator

3) The president of the old companies failed to submit annual returns for them, let them be dissolved and struck off the Register and has opened up 2 new compainies

4) I am owed money.The money is being held under the terms of a contract between my solicitor and the solicitor for the man who used to own the companies and his solicitor dasy he is "standing in the shoes of the dead company" and still representing him

5) both Solicitors have asked me to sign up to mediate with the dead companies and the president, so they say with 3 parties and me?

6) i was asked to complete a,b,c,d and e and my money which was being held specifically for me would be handed over. i have completed a,b,c,d and e and it has not been.

7) i have discovered that my solicitor gave the money held to pay me over to the other solicitor and it is HE who refuses to hand the money over

8) can i issue for Specific Performance of the contract as I have comlied IN FULL with everything and there is a shortfall of £'s of pounds?

Thank you.
Do you have anything in writing from this individual (the former director) confirming he has your money?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My money is held under the terms of a contract, the terms of which I have complied with in full. Apparently even though (the president( refuses to agree to release the money to me? I am £'s of pounds down and short of what I am owed yet HE refuses to agree to release the money to me????
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



I need an answer to my question please.