How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ward of Court. How can I find out if someone has a represent

This answer was rated:

I am the secretary of a self managed company for a block of flats. One of our neighbours is deaf dumb and autistic. He used to have a guardian who kept an eye on his financial affairs, although she didn't live with him. I presume she has died as I have not been able to make contact with her for a number of years. The neighbour has got into financial difficulties with paying his maintenance charges over the last 4 years. I believe he was made a ward of court from a conversation I had with the guardian a number of years ago. Although the neighbour can read and write, he noes not reply to any letters we have sent him. How can I find out if anyone is responsible for him now?

Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can check whether or not he has a Deputy or an Attorney using the process described here
If not you may also need to contact the Vulnerable Adults team at your local Social Services.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you