How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a question as I am now stuck. I was issued a divorce

This answer was rated:

I have a question as I am now stuck.
I was issued a divorce petition some years ago from the ex. I signed and returned the paperwork within 7 days. but she would not sign to get the divorce rolling through Guildford courts.
I then last year paid for a divorce through Southampton courts as it's been 10 years since we split. I had no answer through normal lines within the court process. I then paid for a Balifft to serve her but that has come back now without being issued. this was due to a dog not allowing the balifft into the property.
my question what can I do now?
10 years separated and needing to close this door.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you use a Private enquiry agent?
Did they find her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know where she is and the balifft knows as well but they would not knock on the door because of a dog in the garden. I have read about private sever but not sure what to do. what happens if they can't do it, if that is what you are going to say to do. my ex will put anything in the way as she is a controlling person so please could you give me step by step shat could happen etc
You need to ask the court to provide you with a set of papers for personal service.
Then go on and find a local Enquiry Agent (private detective)
It shoudl cost you about £100 for them to serve your ex.
They will not be deterred by the dog - but it will also be helpful to give them some alternatives such as work or shopping habits.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what happens if they cannot carry this task out ?

I have tried to rate you as excellent but it shows Bad on here.

I have never known an enquiry agent fail if they know where the person is.
Catching them at work or shopping is not uncommon
However if that fails you can apply to the court for your ex to be "deemed served"
On the basis that that she is known to live at the property and the Process server has put it through her post box.
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you