How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10981
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

can a costs draftsman draw a bill of costs for a company when

This answer was rated:

can a costs draftsman draw a bill of costs for a company when you told him it has been struck off the Register of Companies
can this bill be taxed?
can a gross sum bill suffice for a taxation before a taxing master in a case such as this?

1. See the other answer I have given in relation to this matter. Essentially, I say you should sue this costs draftsman for negligence and resist the claim. Be aware that a gross sum will can suffice on a taxation before a Master. However, taxing a bill of costs when it is statute barred and not advising the client of this is gross negligence on the part of the law costs draftsman.


2. Be aware additionally, that is strictly necessary to put a limited company back on the Register of Companies before it can claim costs off any party. Accordingly, this is a wasted operation seeking costs when a company is dissolved and the claim is statute barred in any event. Negligence here!

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't get the company back on as its over 6 years, 8 years now,

and the president of the company refuses to put it back on and has opened up 2 new companies?

any ideas?

3. As you are probably aware, the time limit for restoration is six years under s.1030(4) of the Companies Act, 2006. Then the solution is to sue the professional people involved, including your own solicitor for any loss suffered due to negligent advice. This means you have to turn on your solicitor. It may also transpire that he will get your money back then!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're SO CLEVER !!!


Please leave a bonus.