How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35074
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my ex is a car dealer. it has come to my attention that he

This answer was rated:

my ex is a car dealer. it has come to my attention that he has been conning people that buy cars. apparently he got people to put money in his account for the car and then would not give them the car. when these people reported it to police it became a civil case as my ex would tell the police that once paid either they wouldn't pay the ddelivery guy or lie that they did not pick the car and there were storage charges that need paying.i have stumbled across 30 different people that bought cars from him but never rcved them can this be reported to police and would he get prison
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What actions have these people taken in respect of the matters?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they spoke to police and when the police have called him he has lied and said different things. with a few of them he has said that they did not pay the delivery charge to the car delivery man and then the car was sent bak to him now they don't want to pay additional storage charge so the police make it a civil matter. each scenario he makes it a civil matter. apparently I have stumbled across letters from theses people to him demanding money and stating the trading standards act. another person has taken it into bailiff court but now he has moved from his car premises. he has conned around over 100k. if I went to the police and they see a trend can he be investigated

You can certainly give the information to the police.
Whether they will act on it is a different matter
Sorry I cannot be more positive.
It could be more effective to give the people who have been conned details of each other so that they can take it further
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have all the peoples addresses and contac nombers so shall I just call them and give each one a list of the people conned and they all can go police together would that work

I would suggest that you do one letter and send it to all of them
Clare and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you