How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71155
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi There. I was stopped for speeding near Dundee in Scotland.

This answer was rated:

Hi There. I was stopped for speeding near Dundee in Scotland. I was doing 60 mph in a 40 mph zone. This was on a dual carriageway with pretty unclear signage in July 2014.
I received a letter from the crown office and procurator fiscal office dated 11th October saying that I failed to attend or plea at my hearing on30th September even though there had been no previous correspondence.
I telephoned to inform them that I did not know what the charge was etc and I also wrote a letter.
On 27th October I received my citation and informed that my case was being heard the following day 28th October. Again I telephoned and emailed to say that I had only just received the information and the case has now been adjourned until 18th November.
The charge is for the correct car however, all of the evidence presented to me is for a completely different car that I do not own or even know who owns it
Can I still be prosecuted if the charge is correct and if the judge has the correct evidence even if the evidence that they have sent me is different??
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Yes you can I'm afraid.
They will just amend all that sort of thing which is probably what has happened here. They have released their evidence is wrong so amended the charge at Court.
The PF is always doing that. In fairness, it wouldn't make much sense if every case collapsed because the police have brought the wrong charge.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

I am a bit disappointed but fully understand.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile