How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71146
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, on 29/10/2014 I signed a police Simple Caution. I now regret

This answer was rated:

Hi, on 29/10/2014 I signed a police Simple Caution. I now regret signing it and admitting to something that was ambiguous. Can the Caution be stopped or the wording changed at this time?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Not if you have accepted it I'm afraid.
All that can be done is that you could judicially review the decision to offer a caution but you have to show that there was bias, procedural irregularity or that no reasonable police officer would have thought a caution is appropriate.
Also, even if you do succeed all that would mean is that you would be charged and sent to court which is generally a bad idea if you have admitted the offence.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

The answer is pretty much as I expected but thanks anyways!

Nothing to clarify.


No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you