12826847

Hi, on 29/10/2014 I signed a police Simple Caution. I now regret

Hi, on 29/10/2014 I signed a police Simple Caution. I now regret signing it and admitting to something that was ambiguous. Can the Caution be stopped or the wording changed at this time?
Not if you have accepted it I'm afraid.
All that can be done is that you could judicially review the decision to offer a caution but you have to show that there was bias, procedural irregularity or that no reasonable police officer would have thought a caution is appropriate.
Also, even if you do succeed all that would mean is that you would be charged and sent to court which is generally a bad idea if you have admitted the offence.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

The answer is pretty much as I expected but thanks anyways!

Nothing to clarify.

Jonathan

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/