How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi, I've got a girl who was half sharing my Horsebox and we

This answer was rated:

Hi, I've got a girl who was half sharing my Horsebox and we had to have a new clutch cable fitted, I've paid my half of the bill and she is refusing to pay her half £196, unfortunately we have had to move to different yards. Can I take her to small claims court?
Ann Mason
Alex Watts :

Hello Ann my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Yes, you can sue the person that is not paying. They are responsible 50/50

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: I don't have her home address but I do know where she keeps her horse and where she works.
Alex Watts :

You can't send it to where she works.

Alex Watts :

You need her address to send the claim form -you must have that

Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** and get it
Alex Watts :

Great. Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: The information you have given me was great. Thank you. Ann
Customer: Is it just a normal letter I would wright to her to start of with, I've never done this before
Alex Watts :

Yes a normal letter is fine

Alex Watts :

Is that ok?

Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** my husband to write it as he can word things better than me.
Alex Watts :

Great. Can I clarify anything else for you today?

Customer: Not today thanks
Alex Watts :

Ok. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you