How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12173
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hello, My husband over the past six months transferred monies

This answer was rated:

My husband over the past six months transferred monies from our joint account to his mistress in the amount of over £60k without my knowledge or permission and left the family in debt.
Can I file fraudulent charges against him for deception of a joint account without my permission.
Thank you for your question.
No you can't. This is a civil matrimonial issue. It is not a criminal offence. He had access to the account and did not commit a criminal offnce by shifting the money. You will have to deal with this as a matrimonial matter.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello JGM,

I had a feeling you were going to respond to this matter, however I am currently instructing my solicitor to file for divorce (even though my husband's solicitor advise him to talk me into not filing at this stage).

It has now became apparent that over the years he has always controlled the finances, squandered monies, and knew how to disguise the mismanagement of funds. But he slipped this time and this has given me ammunition for preparation of divorce.

Thank you for response