How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I took out a mortgage with gmac in 2007, and wish to reclaim

Customer Question

I took out a mortgage with gmac in 2007, and wish to reclaim ppi that I may have been mis-sold. However, gmac as far as I'm aware are no longer trading. The mortgage was finally paid off in 2013, but during that period of time, the mortgage was sold onto another company.
I was hoping to start this process myself, but am not sure how to contact a company that no longer seem to exist?
I have my mortgage payment ref no, which I believe to be the mortgage account number.
Please advise what I should do next.
Many thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know who your mortgage was sold to?