How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am 65 and my husband is 76. We have been married for 28 years.

Customer Question

I am 65 and my husband is 76. We have been married for 28 years. Unfortunately I can no longer tolerate my husbands unreasonable behaviour. We have four children between us both with two from previous marriages. They, thankfully, are now grown up with their own homes and families. I an finding it increasingly difficult to deal with my husbands behaviour. We have not been intimate for the last 18 years. The house we live in is in my husband's name as it was his before we met. I have no income other than my pension however i do have an ISA with just over £7k in it and this is the sum total of my savings. On the other hand my husband has in excess of £20k invested. I feel completely devoid of any kind of love or affection and if I feel I need a hug I have to ask for one. This has been the situation throughout our marriage and now that we have no children at home I am feeling very lonely and at times close to suicide. I feel my only option of finding any happiness is to divorce my husband and to find a home of my own. Please can you help as I am now becoming desperate to find a solution to this misery. I feel very much like a bird kept in a cage.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth?