How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71046
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How can i get my husbands will legalised after his death so

Customer Question

How can i get my husbands will legalised after his death so I can get it stamped by the egyptian embassy to enable me to sell my property in Sharm el Sheikh
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Are you in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i am a white uk citizen and yes I am in the uk.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I can tell you what to do from the UK point of view but wouldn't know anything about Egyptian law?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, all i have to do is legalise his will by a solicitor stamp so that the Egyptian Embassy are able to verify that the will is genuine.

Then I am able to continue with the sale.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont need to know the Egyptian side just the uk. I desperatelyneed this will legalised.I found it in my husbands draw, just written by himself, no solicitors stamps or anything to say it is legal. This is my problem, it must be legalised first in the uk before it is stamped by the Egyptian Consulate in London.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I'm afraid that it's not as easy as that in the UK.
I would not know anything of the Egyptian Embassy are within the UK, you would need to make an application for grant of probate which then gives you a form from the court duly stamped, authorising you to deal with all the deceased's assets.
Here is an overview from the government website
All you can get a solicitor to make the application for you.
Can I clarify anything for you?