UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

How do i legalise my husbands will after his death after finding

Customer Question

How do i legalise my husbands will after his death after finding it in a drawer.
I need it legalise so i can sell my property in sharm el Sheikh.
After legalisation I have to take it to the Egyptian Consulate for a stamp before they will release any monies for the property. I only have two weeks to do this
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You cannot legalise a Will but you may apply for a Grant of Representation/Probate if you are named as an executor in the Will.

See here how to do so:

It normally takes a few months to obtain Grant of Probate so if you only have 2 weeks, I am afraid you do not have enough time and should seek an extension or some other solution from the Egyptians.

May I help further?