How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am being taken to Court by HMRC for PAYE/NI plus interest

Customer Question

I am being taken to Court by HMRC for PAYE/NI plus interest going back to 2002. I have been advised by my accountant that they can only go back for 6 years. Who is correct. Am looking for a specialist solicitor in the York area who can help me with this claim. Any suggestions re specialists in HMRC claims please.

I did write an e.mail to you last year but did not go ahead with my question to you.  I go to Court on the 14th. November so need to get my defense to them tomorrow

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

HMRC can investigate back up to 20 years so I do not know what 6 years your Accountant is talking about.

You may call Slater & Gordon to see if they can assist:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am I only allowed one question for my £47?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Do you have another query?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry rushed in to hospital last week with perforated bowel and just out yesterday. Will look in to your reply next week and reply

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear about that. Get well soon.