How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My brother died intestate last year his girlfriend started

Customer Question

My brother died intestate last year his girlfriend started administration as she was pregnant
we believe as his brothers and sisters we should have started administration as being first blood. The PA1 form letters of administration have been filled in we believe unlawfully
as the order of priority to start administration should have been brothers and sisters.
Our solicitor has attemped To obtain the PA1 form to see why we have not been listed down with no sucess from the winchester probate office or the girlfriends solicitors can our solictor apply for a court order to obtain the PA1 form as he seems to think it is to late to do so. Hoping you can anser our question. Derek
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
The Probate Registry won't provide a copy of the PA1, I'm afraid.
On the basis that Letters of Administration have already been granted-
When a grant of letters of administration have been issued, it can be declared of no effect on a claim for revocation.
The Court has authority to revoke grants of letters of administration- This could be as the result of a fraudulent application by the
person to whom the grant was issued.
Your Solicitor would therefore need to make such an application.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards