How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a claim which is now at the stage where the court has

This answer was rated:

I have a claim which is now at the stage where the court has written to me saying that on the basis that the first defendant failed to return a Direction Questionnaire and the second defendant failed to file a defence that I may enter judgement and have provided me with a form N225 for each of them.
However for the second defendant (a limited company) the papers were served (Issue date 21/07/2014) to the registered address that I had been corresponding to in leading up to the serving of the N1CPC. However I have just done a company search and it states that the second defendant’s registered address was changed on the 12th June 2014. Does this mean that I now have a problem in that the second defendant can claim that the papers were not correctly served?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : you can still enter judgment.
Alex Watts : Its still good service.
Alex Watts : One would,also expect them to have post redorection
Alex Watts : re direction
Alex Watts : So yes it's good.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this?

That is fantastic.


Also pleased that you answered as I used your services a few months ago to get me to where I am. excellent.


I have more questions on the N225, but will post these as a new question.


Thank you

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you