How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

I married an EU citizen but now we are divorced after five

Customer Question

I married an EU citizen but now we are divorced after five years ,we had two kids together,I got five years family visa ,can in apply for my settlement
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
If you have been married for more than 3 years and have been living here exercising EEA rights form more than a year then you can retain the right to live and work here. that means after 5 years residence you will become settled here and entitled to apply for a certificate of permanent residence.
Ley me know if I can clarify anything