How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I am under "Tier 4 dependent" visa. I am working last 6 mont

Customer Question

I am under "Tier 4 dependent" visa. I am working last 6 months for an accountancy practice who is registered employer of UKVI. My employer wants to sponsor(tier2) me to keep me in the company. My question is regarding Labour market test. As i am an existing employee and for the continual of my work, I need the visa.. Q: Does my employer need to do carry out resident labour test? please note: Employer's guidance 28.5 says: If the migrant is already working for you and they need to extend their leave to continue working for you in the same occupation, you do not need to conduct a resident labour market test. Please answer accordingly.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
As per the guidance you have mentioned it seems you are correct that provided that you are currently employed with your employer and now wish to switch to a Tier 2 visa, your employer would not be required to undertake the residency labour market test.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with? If not, please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards