How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

A car insurance company I had never been with wrote my car

This answer was rated:

A car insurance company I had never been with wrote my car off, after numerous calls they admitted it was a mistake and amend d error. So now I would like to claim for compesation for all the calls and stress I have gone through. How do I go about this.
Thank you for your question.
What you do is ask for your insurance company's complaints procedure and follow it, intimating a claim for compensation. If the insurance company deny the claim you can then send a complaint to the financial services ombudsman who will investigate your claim and make a decision.
You can read about this here:
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I have to go through my insurance and not just direct to this other insurance who wrote my car off by mistake is this right.?

Sorry, I should have said "the" insurance company as opposed to "your" insurance company. Any claim you have is against he company that made the mistake.