How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I wish to make an interest free loan to my son.I am 75 and

This answer was rated:

I wish to make an interest free loan to my son.I am 75 and in the event of my death before the loan is repaid at £400 per month presumably it will become a charge on my estate.Can the loan continue to be repaid at agreed rate?
Yes, your son will owe the debt to your estate after you pass on.
You should make this clear to him by signing a loan agreement with him which expressly states that in the event of you passing away before the loan is repaid, he will pay it plus the interest to your estate.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you