How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a 78yr old husband I married a divorced woman with two

Customer Question

I am a 78yr old husband I married a divorced woman with two children 35yrs ago since then we have had two children of our own her children have never accepted me and they are telling our children they will have half the value of our house when I die I bought our council house 30 yrs ago I also built an extension tn make it into 4bed I paid everything idont want my step children to receive anything of mine my wife is aware of this but one daughter is very dominant if I give the house to my children now will they have to pay tax on it now
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you and your wife made Wills?