How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We are a pressure group fighting against the development of

This answer was rated:

We are a pressure group fighting against the development of our local airport. We have operated for a number of years but we are now being challenged about the legal status of our group. We are not set up as a company or charity but are informally supported by a number of residents associations and other individual residents to whom we provide information and in whose name we write to the council, the press and the airport when required. Do we need to be concerned about this challenge about our status? Do we need to be incorporated as a company or other legal entity? Thank you
You appear to be an unincorporated association of members and there is no legal requirement for you to register your association or incorporate it or for you to register it as a company.
Since you do not have a charitable purpose, you do not need to form a charity as your objects are to oppose the proposed airport expansion.
See here for further information
May I help further?
Please rate my answer OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT. Do not click on BAD or POOR. Please click REPLY TO EXPERT
For FURTHER queries, specify UKSolicitorJA only
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you