How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I've been falsely accused for causing bodily harm even though

Customer Question

I've been falsely accused for causing bodily harm even though the marks where days old and I only arrived to the place of the ell-edged abuse 30mins before. The case has been dropped, but i don't want to let the person get away with this, and certainly not be anywhere near my home.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

I want to know if i can/shall report the person to the Police for wasting police time or preventing the course of Justice. My main aim is to prevent this from happening aging. The person is my Spouse, I've failed for divorce. She's an alcoholic and is destroying our (my own own it and have all the legal deeds in my name) house. I want her out of the way basically.

Many Thanks


Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I can help you with the criminal aspect but I wouldn't know anything about the divorce situation.
Or I can pass it onto a family lawyer for you? I don't think she is online right now but I am sure she will pick up soon.
In truth, you are almost certainly wasting your time with the criminal matter so it might be better to pursue the family point.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The family matter is under control - as we both are Swedish citizens the process are straight forward there.

Is there a way i can get her out of the house? As i said i own it outright.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How far has your divorce reached?
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We lived together since 1992, moved to the UK in 2000. In this house since 2002. We have a 19 year daughter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The divorce has been registered at the court in Stockholm in Sept. 6 months will have to lapse before its completed.
Many Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
(and sadly yes this is relevant to your actual question)