How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hi im having problems with my ex husband, we got a son on

Customer Question

hi im having problems with my ex husband,
we got a son on 9 years old and I been taking him away to Portugal on holiday but now my ex saying that he wont give me permission to go if I don't give him the address of wher we staying and all the information.
I really don't see why I should as I didn't do in the past and we are staying with my new husband family.
I hope you can help me
many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that legally your ex is entitled to know where the child is staying - and details of the flights.
This is not an unreasonable request - and is the minimum the court would expect you to supply
If he applies to the court for an order preventing the trip unless the information is given then there is a very good chance he will be successful
I am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I need to give him to full address?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Why do you not wish to do so?