How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

44 years ago I had a child who was adopted. The circumstances

This answer was rated:

44 years ago I had a child who was adopted. The circumstances were very traumatic for me so I decided that I wanted no contact ever. Out of the blue I have received a letter claiming to be the child I gave up for adoption. This has caused me some distress and I don't know what to do. Are there any organisations that can advise and help me or do I have to seek legal advice?
Thank you for your question.You should not need to take legal advice about this. One of the organisations which could counsel you and provide advice is at the following to discuss further. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you